Saturday, September 14, 2013

Today, as a school board, we must begin our second phase by improving student performance

RTC LOGO
Quick Link

 

  

Make A Difference-One At A Time:

A Teacher's Story

 

Dear Innovators, I'm still learning how to weed through the masses of information available that could help equip us in successfully putting things into action for our students, parents, teachers, etc. and skyrocket us into greatness.

 

I found these tidbits of information in a guide shared by Edutopia titled, "Home-To-School Connections Guide". I only highlighted a few so I am attaching the article/mini magazine.  

 

I'm still learning where we are each time the Continuous Improvement Planning Committee meets.

 

I'm not sure if we are all aware of this resource so I hope it's found to be useful in our enlightenment. I am also attaching a resource I found interesting because it lists 19 questions parents should ask teachers.

 

I wonder how many of us that are teachers would be readily willing and accepting of these questions from our parents. Home and school connections can be so powerful and we all know it. Thanks for your dedication to our youth. God Bless you! 

 

1. Why and How


http://www.guide2digitallearning.com/blog_brad_flickinger/creating_facebook_page

_your_school

 

2. Example

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/tech/2010/09/08/dnt.facebook.in.class.

ketv.html 

3. Teacher Example

https://www.facebook.com/KelsoSchools?hc_location=timeline

 

 Deirdre L. Richie MA-MCSE
Retired Teacher: Lifetime NEA-IEA ..."Make A Difference-One At A Time"

 ************************************************************************


 Parents: 19 Meaningful Questions You Should Ask Your Child's Teacher

 

19 Questions Your Child's Teacher Would (Probably) Love to Answer

  1. What academic standards do you use, and what do I need to know about them?
  2. How will you respond if or when my child struggles in class?
  3. What are the most important and complex (content-related) ideas my child needs to understand by the end of the year?
  4. Do you focus on strengths or weaknesses?
  5. How are creativity and innovative thinking used on a daily basis in your classroom?
  6. How is critical thinking used on a daily basis in your classroom?
  7. How are assessments designed to promote learning rather than simple measurement
  8. What can I do to support literacy in my home?
  9. What kind of questions do you suggest that I ask my children on a daily basis about your class?

     10.  How exactly is learning personalized in your classroom? In the school?
     11.  What are the most common instructional or literacy strategies you will use this year?

     12.  What learning models do you use (e.g., project-based learning, mobile learning,  

           game-based learning, etc.), and what do you see as the primary benefits of that

           approach?

    13. What are the best school or district resources for students and/or families that no

           one  uses?
    14. Is there technology you'd recommend that can help support my child in self-directed

          learning? 

    15. What are the most common barriers you see to academic progress in your 

           classroom?  

    16.  How is education changing?

    17.  How do you see the role of the teacher in the learning process?

    18.  What am I not asking but should be?

    19.  What am I not asking but should be?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rich Township 227 Coalition for Better Schools

 

Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust
This email was sent to davidemorgan234567.rich@blogger.com by sd-227community@att.net |  
Rich Townhsip High Schools Coalition for Better Schools | Rich Township High Schoo District 227 | OLYMPIA FIELDS | IL | 60461

No comments:

Post a Comment