Friday, June 28, 2013

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will

RTC LOGO
Quick Link

 

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will

 

Thur, June 27, 2013 11:32 PM

From: "HBurl1229@aol.com" <HBurl1229@aol.com>

View contact details

  

To: hburl1229@aol.com

  

My dad got me hooked on researching my history, thus I've always lead well in a majority white milieu.  Fortified with the knowledge of the greatness of my people, I have not been beaten down nor have I wavered in my stances for I knew my roots and my roots are great.  Parents, grandparents and others who have access to children, please share the research of our ancestors with them. 

Daddy had us to come to the dinner table nightly prepared to report on and discuss at least 3 newspaper articles that we had read that day.  One had to be of international significance, national and one local in order to know what was going on in the world, our country and our community.  Additionally, Dad had a pretty good library of Black history.  So you can say, I cut my teeth on Black history.  As a result, I've never been afraid to go into any arena and assert myself. 

 

This valuable information comes from one of our Beloved IL Conductors.  Please research the list below of our heroes of yesteryear and today.  Summer vacation is a great time to get started.    Helen

 


Subj: Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.

 

If you neglect your ancestors contributions because you have been domesticated to imitate what has been imprinted into your brains.

 

All most of us do is TALK but Douglass told the people the following truth and it remains a reality today for our people:

 

 

 

Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will

 

The longer that our people have assimilated into the European and Arabic cultures the more they have lost their personal self will and independence to know that we face a major and deadly conundrum.

 

Kariba

Rich Township 227 Coalition for Better Schools

 

Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust
This email was sent to davidemorgan234567.rich@blogger.com by sd-227community@att.net |  
Rich Townhsip High Schools Coalition for Better Schools | Rich Township High Schoo District 227 | OLYMPIA FIELDS | IL | 60461

No comments:

Post a Comment